Diabetes Empowerment Education Program (D.E.E.P)
Self-Management Diabetes Program – The Diabetes Education Empowerment Program (D.E.E.P.) is a FREE program for Arkansans living with diabetes. People who join the D.E.E.P. program will attend 6 weekly, two-hour learning sessions where they will get hands-on training on understanding food labels, meal planning, and other helpful tips on diabetes care.
In these classes you will learn how to live a healthier life with diabetes:
- Find out how diabetes affects your body
- Make sense of your blood sugar numbers
- Meet others who have diabetes
- Have fun learning in a small group through games, activities and support conversations
- Learn about diabetes through classes located in the community near your neighborhood.