Diabetes Empowerment Education Program (D.E.E.P)
Self-Management Diabetes Program - The Diabetes Education Empowerment Program (D.E.E.P.) is a FREE program for Arkansans living with diabetes. People who join the D.E.E.P. program will attend 6 weekly, two-hour learning sessions where they will get hands-on training on understanding food labels, meal planning, and other helpful tips on diabetes care.
In these classes you will learn how to live a healthier life with diabetes:
- Find out how diabetes affects your body
- Make sense of your blood sugar numbers
- Meet others who have diabetes
- Have fun learning in a small group through games, activities and support conversations
- Learn about diabetes through classes located in the community near your neighborhood.
A Matter of Balance (AMOB)
Falls Prevention Class - A Matter of Balance is a FREE class that teaches older adults practical ways to reduce the risk of falling. The class, which features eight, two-hour sessions teaches participants to view falls and the fear of falling as controllable; set realistic goals to increase physical activity; change their home setting to reduce fall risk factors; and exercises that increase strength and balance.
Brain Health and Exercise - Ageless Grace Programs will be offered throughout the state of Arkansas.
The Ageless Grace Program is ideal for:
- Anyone who would like to stay youthful and vibrant
- Caregivers (professional or family members) who work with these special populations and want to provide ease of movement to their clients and/or loved ones.
Our Center on Aging offers a variety of exercise and fitness programs including Tai Chi and Drums Alive.